How to Keep Your Car Insurance Payments Low
While auto insurance payments can be very expensive, there are ways that a car owner can keep their insurance as low as possible. The following list of tips for keeping car insurance payments low is provided for you by the Chicago auto insurance agents at Insure on the Spot.
Tips for keeping car insurance low:
- Shop around for the cheapest auto insurance—Prices will differ from company to company, so it is always wise to compare insurance company prices before choosing a company.
- Before purchasing a car, compare insurance prices—Often the insurance company bases its pricing on the car itself, so it will be helpful to check and see what is the cheapest car to insure before buying.
- Reduce coverage on older cars—If your vehicle is old and depreciating in value, it may not be worth it for you to maintain full coverage.
- Buy your auto insurance from your homeowners insurance company—Insurance companies often give discounts if you have both auto insurance and homeowner insurance policies taken out.
- Ask for Higher Deductibles—Raising your deductibles will keep your monthly payment low.
- Take advantage of low mileage discounts—Many companies will offer discounts to drivers who drive less than the average amount of miles per year. If you do not drive often, ask for a discount!
- Maintain a good credit score—Showing a good credit history can lower your insurance costs.
- Get good grades—Many insurers offer discounts to students to maintain high grades. Keep the A’s coming!
These are some of the best ways to keep your insurance payments as low as possible. If you have any further questions regarding cheap insurance, contact the Chicago auto insurance agents at Insure on the Spot by calling 773-202-5060.